The Judah Bible Curriculum is a “Principle Approach” Bible curriculum whose distinctives are the following:
- The BIBLE is the textbook. The student studies and learns the Bible.
- The student learns God’s purpose in history, studying the hand of God in the lives of men and nations through the Bible.
- The student develops his reasoning ability, helping him to apply Biblical principles personally.
- The curriculum helps you shift from rote learning to Biblical reasoning.
- The student learns the relationship between the sovereignty of God and the personal responsibility of the individual.
- The student learns the relationship between individual character and national liberty.
More from the website:
The purpose of the Judah Bible Curriculum is to make Bible Literacy the hallmark of the new generation of Christians. The Judah Bible Curriculum is designed to help you teach your student how to study and research the Bible, extract true understanding from it, and apply Biblical principles to his or her own life and character.
The Judah Bible Curriculum uses a Notebook Approach. Each child creates his own Bible Notebook that includes tabs for the five themes of the Bible. Each week, the student adds one or two items to the notebook – a map, a timeline, a title page, illustration, writing exercise, or a key sheet. The key sheets are to learn to extract important material and synthesize it into an organized document to use later as a reference sheet. The key sheets are done more verbally for the younger grades.
We received the Judah Bible Curriculum download. You can print the lessons each week for reference. Within the lesson are links to each component of the lesson you will need, such as a blank key sheet, or an example key sheet. The scripture to be read is also a link so you can do the whole lesson with your laptop or iPad or Android tablet.
As much as I want to love this curriculum, because I do think that what it is trying to teach – how to delve into your Bible from an early age – is great, at this time, it is much too teacher intensive for us. It would make a great personal study of the Bible for me! But I can’t include J-jo, and it’s even a stretch for Bear, because it just isn’t well suited for a very young child. At this time, I need a Bible curriculum that is a little less thorough and a little less intensive.
The downloadable version of Judah Bible Sells for $44.00 and a hard copy format for $74.00 (including shipping).
Please read what the other Crew members thought of the Judah Bible Curriculum here.
Disclaimer-I was given the downloadable version of Judah Bible in exchange for my honest review. I was not paid and all opinions expressed are my own.